If your passion is travelling, it won’t hurt to get out of Singapore once in a while. If you want to travel to peculiar places outside of Singapore, there are certainly places worth your visit. Here are some places that you can consider:
- Tulip Fields: If you want an arresting sight, you should not miss the Tulip fields in Netherlands. The hyacinths, daffodils, tulips and narcissi are surely breath-taking. You should visit there in April or May.
- Mount Sanqingshan National Park: James Cameron’s Avatar got his inspiration from this mountain. The mountain is surrounded with clouds and it feels like you are floating. It is truly a sight worth climbing.
- Underground community: In Coober Pedy, the temperatures exceed to 40 degrees Celsius. The miners are forced to build an underground community that can accommodate at least 2000 inhabitants. Beneath, you will see houses, shops, bars and shops.
- Socotra Archipelago: Socotra Archipelago comprises of four islands in Yemen. It is considered a UNESCO World Heritage. It is the home of many plants and reptiles species.
- The Boneyard: If you are in Arizona, do not miss The Boneyard. The Boneyard is a desert in Arizona that stores unused commercial and military aircraft. It holds about 5,000 planes.
- Thames Town: If you want a Victorian-inspired place to hold your wedding, the nearest is Thames Town in China.
- The Catacombs: The Catacombs is in Paris. You will see the remains of over six million Parisians in the ossuary. This is 20 metres below the ground. If you do not want this spooky place, there are different places in Paris worth visiting.
There you are. This should be enough to occupy you. Enjoy!